Monday, October 27, 2008

Anything you don't like?

We went to a concert Friday night at our church with Dennis Jurnigan. Wow, he was amazing. I did not really know who he was until I heard all of his songs and I knew them all! Okay, maybe not the one he wrote the day before and sang for us, but all the rest!

The one thing that hit me that I had to include on the blog was a comment/story from the wife of one of our pastors. What don't you like about yourself when you look in the mirror. You know, when you are getting ready for the day or getting ready for bed and you scrutinize yourself. Most of us have something....nose, teeth, smile, hair, short, tall, eyes, ears, etc.

Do you criticise yourself? Do you ever think of who you are really criticizing? Remember, we were made in God's image! You were made in God's image. That thought convicted me. Yes, I need to get healthier and eat better and take better care of the body I have. However, I SHOULD NOT dwell on the things that I can not change. I may not have the face of a supermodel in the world's view, but I am beautiful to those that love and know me. You are too!

No comments: